Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"Waiting on" Wednesday: The Leaving

"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




The Leaving

Tara Altebrando

Expected publication date: June 7, 2016












Six were taken. Eleven years later, five come back--with no idea of where they've been.

Eleven years ago, six kindergarteners went missing without a trace. After all that time, the people left behind moved on, or tried to.

Until today. Today five of those kids return. They're sixteen, and they are . . . fine. Scarlett comes home and finds a mom she barely recognizes, and doesn't really recognize the person she's supposed to be, either. But she thinks she remembers Lucas. Lucas remembers Scarlett, too, except they're entirely unable to recall where they've been or what happened to them. Neither of them remember the sixth victim, Max. He doesn't come back. Everyone wants answers. Most of all Max's sister Avery, who needs to find her brother--dead or alive--and isn't buying this whole memory-loss story. - from Goodreads

6 comments:

  1. whoah.... this looks awesome and creepy and like something that I definitely need to check out. I've never heard of it before, but I am definitely adding it to my tbr :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the creep factor looked high on this one!

      Delete
  2. This one looks so good and I agree with Stardust....creepy!!! I've got an ARC of it and I'm hoping to start it soon. Though I'm not sure what I was thinking as my son is the same age as the kids when they disappear. I'm asking for nightmares!!!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Well, I hope you enjoy it and it doesn't give you too many nightmares!

      Delete
  3. Oh yikes! This sounds super interesting but definitely high on the creepy scale. Maybe I'll add it to my October spooky reads list haha.

    Katie @ www.Katsyxo.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!